In order to provide adequate space for all underground utility operators to safely place, operate and repair their utility systems, the City of Richfield has developed a Right-of-Way (ROW) Management Plan.
Unless otherwise provided in the City Code, no person may obstruct or excavate in the ROW without first obtaining a ROW permit from the City. Obstructions approved by permit are the responsibility of the property owner. The City reserves the right to remove any obstruction in the ROW without notice and is not liable for any damages to the obstruction at any time.
ACTIVITIES REQUIRING A PERMIT
- Installation of utilties, irrigation, conduits, wires or other objects
- Construction of paved driveways and sidewalks
- Any type of excavation
- Construction of retaining walls, fences, berms or other features
- Planting of trees, shrubs or other landscaping
- Temporary closure of City street or sidewalk
- Placement of dumpsters or any other storage unit on City street