You can vote by absentee ballot if you are unable to vote in person on election day due to any of the following reasons:
- You are going to be absent from the precinct on election day.
- Illness or disability prevents your going to the polling place.
- Religious discipline or observance prohibits your attendance at the polling place.
- You are an election judge in another precinct.
- Eligible emergency declared by the governor or quarantine declared by the federal or state government.
With absentee voting you can vote either in person or by mail.
Download an application and mail to City of Richfield - Election Division, 6700 Portland Avenue South, Richfield, Minnesota 55423 or fax to 612-861-9749. Ballots will be distributed when they become available during an election year.
For voter registration, absentee voting and polling place information, call 612-861-9730.
Apply and/or vote by absentee ballot during regular office hours at Richfield Municipal Center, 6700 Portland Avenue (8 am - 4:30 pm Monday through Friday).
Absentee voting is also available the Saturday preceding the School Board Election from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. For 2013 the date will be: