The Joint Community Police Partnership (JCPP) is a collaborative effort of the cities of Saint Louis Park, Richfield, Hopkins, Bloomington, Brooklyn Park and Brooklyn Center; Hennepin County, and Northwest Hennepin Human Services Council.
OUR MISSION is to enhance communication and understanding between law enforcement and multicultural residents of these cities. We are working together to build safer communities.
Our activities include:
- Police Multicultural Advisory Committee (PMAC) meets with police personnel on a monthly basis to discuss topics that are important to Richfield & their community
- Police & Fire Teen Academies planned and organized by local youth, PMAC and public safety personnel
- Question & Answer sessions between English language learners and police officers
- Pamphlets and videos created and translated to help Immigrant community members better understand police services and laws
- Unity in the Community event that brings residents together to celebrate diversity
- Citizen police academies in Spanish for adults to learn more about police procedures and laws
- Kite festival in collaboration with Augsburg Park Library, Richfield police & PMAC in June
- Cultural training for police and community members
- Heroes & Helpers (formerly Shop with a Cop) event that helps underprivileged Richfield families shop for Holiday presents